MLA Employee Portal
This portal describes services available for accessing MLA IT resources from remote locations. For assistance with the setup or use of any of the services below, please contact the IT helpdesk at 877.210.0166.
QUEST DESKTOP REMOTE ACCESS
Direct access to your MLA desktop computer's software and services
- Access to your unique or practice specific applications
- Personal settings/preferences are present (Outlook signatures/formatting, Word settings, Internet Explorer favorites, Windows desktop icons, document management defaults, etc.)
- Simplified remote printing services
- Quest Desktop software must first be provisioned on your MLA office computer
- Your MLA office computer must be turned on
- Quest may not be accessible or compatible with public/restricted computers such as hotel or client computers (because a browser plug-in is required)
- Not available to MLA laptop users
GENERAL REMOTE ACCESS and CITRIX
Access: Document Management System, Microsoft Office Suite, Redline/Blackline, Keystone, and other applications
- May be more compatible with a public computer (no browser plug-in required)
- Simple printing for Windows users
- Unique applications that you use on your MLA desktop computer will not be accessible
- Does not default to your saved personal settings & preferences that you see on your MLA computer
During the Firm’s transition to Office 2010 software, the general remote access system you need to use will be dependent on whether your MLA computer has been upgraded to Office 2010. Until the entire Firm is upgraded to Office 2010 (currently planned for completion in Q2 of 2013), there will be three possibilities, which are listed below.
“New” Citrix Remote Access – Office 2010
Only use this service if your MLA computer has been upgraded to the new Office 2010 software suite. You’d have noticed the upgrade as you likely would have gone through training and your MLA computer would have gone through an obvious software upgrade process.
https://citrix.useast.mckennalong.com – If your home office is in the Eastern half of the U.S.
https://citrix.uswest.mckennalong.com – If your home office is in the Western half of the U.S.
(Note, if your primary link is not available, you can use the other link as a backup)
Legacy General Remote Access – Office 2007
Use this service if you’ve historically used the “Remote Desktop Computer” program on your home computer to connect to MLA systems (via atlremote.mckennalong.com, dcremote.mckennalong.com, etc) and your MLA computer is still running Office 2007 and has not been upgraded to Office 2010.
Printing Via Legacy General Remote Access: Windows
Legacy Citrix Remote Access – Office 2003
Use this service if you’ve historically used Citrix for remote access and your MLA computer is still running Office 2003 and has not been upgraded to Office 2010.
Instructions for Accessing Legacy Citrix Remote Access: Windows
Legacy Citrix Remote Access – Used for all Citrix Office 2003 access
OUTLOOK WEB APP (OWA)
Access: Your MLA Outlook mailbox
- Compatible with many remote access scenarios. If you can browse to a website (like CNN.com), you should be able to access OWA
- OWA is a trusted fall back option if Quest Desktop or General Remote Access do not work
- Access limited to MLA Outlook mailbox
- To work on or view any email attachments, you will need the requisite software (Word, Excel, Acrobat, etc) available on the computer you're using
FAQs & Resources