The economic expansion and growth of regulatory complexities that the health care industry has experienced in recent years has resulted in significant increases in corporate restructuring for both for-profit and nonprofit health care entities. MLA offers sophisticated guidance to health care clients seeking advice on a wide variety of transactional matters, ranging from the financing and structuring of deals (both public and private), including related tax consideration and planning, to general corporate counseling, governance and regulatiory issues. Our clients include public and private hospitals and health care systems, skilled nursing facilities, physician groups, individual practitioners, managed care entities and other health care facilities, providers and suppliers.
The firm’s geographic scope, which includes health care transactional lawyers on both coasts, offers clients a distinct advantage when it comes to identifying local issues and potential set-backs facing health care clients, as well as finding creative solutions.
Our team has broad experience, including in the areas of:
- general corporate counseling;
- corporate governance;
- mergers and acquisitions;
- commercial lending;
- tax-exempt transactions;
- employee benefits;
- tax; and
- regulatory matters.
When health care clients turn to MLA for help, they can trust that their matter is handled sensitively, professionally and responsibly by a team with the knowledge and passion to succeed.
- 2015 ACA "Pay or Play" Checklist
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: What it Means for Employers and Plan Sponsors
- Health Savings Account Update
- As Health Care Reform Nears Launch, Litigation Looms
- ObamaCare Technology Security Testing Is Months Behind Schedule
- Health-care real estate healthy in Atlanta