McKenna Long & Aldridge’s (MLA) interdisciplinary team of business-minded attorneys support and advise domestic and international clients on the full spectrum of copyright matters—ranging from litigation, prosecution, and client counseling in the areas of traditional literary works and music to the latest issues involving computer database, computer programming, and digital/online content.
As we work with clients to ensure the development of legal solutions that align with their commercial objectives, we draw upon our keenly honed skills in all aspects of copyright litigation, from traditional infringement cases to the latest online forms of copyright piracy. Our IP attorneys also handle all copyright prosecution and counseling matters.
Our prosecution and related matters include copyright due diligence services, such as:
- chain-of-title searches;
- title opinions;
- evaluation of derivative works; and
- copyright applications.
Our copyright counseling on behalf of software companies, entertainment companies, electronics manufacturers, retailers, and others concern the scope, protection, and enforcement of their rights in literary, digital, and other works.
Such counseling ranges from rights in literary works and databases and the interplay between copyright and design patents to negotiating and drafting a wide-array of agreements that implicate the copyright laws. We also regularly advise regarding securing financial interests in intellectual property, such as licensing and the sale of copyrights.
- May 16, 2012
- March 30, 2012Following its decision in Bilski, on March 20, 2012, a unanimous (9-0) Supreme Court handed down its decision in Mayo v. Prometheus-the Court’s second opinion on patentable subject matter in less than two years. Prometheus is the sole and exclusive licensee of U.S. Patent Nos. 6,355,623 and 6,680,302, which claim methods for determining the optimal dosage of thiopurine drugs used to treat immune-mediated gastrointestinal disorders, and marketed a PROMETHEUS Thiopurine Metabolites test that used the technology covered by the patents-in-suit.
- March 14, 2011
- Another Neste Biodiesel Patent Suit is Stayed Pending Reexam
- Green Patent PR
- Patent-Eligibility under US Patent Law: A Mounting Roadblock to Patent Protection
- Seidman joins McKenna Long & Aldridge
- USTR Prods Congress To Pass Korea Trade Pact By July
- Despite Skirmish With North, South Korea Still Open for Business