Commercial Products & Services
McKenna Long & Aldridge (MLA) teams with numerous companies that sell commercial products and services to federal, state and local governments. We assist vendors in a variety of industries and help them meet the challenges and requirements of government markets.
If you sell commercial products or services to a government, we can help you:
- Respond to government solicitations
- Negotiate government contracts and sub-contracts
- Minimize the impact of representations and certifications
- Comply with special government pricing and disclosure obligations
- Maintain appropriate protection of software and technical data rights
One popular vehicle for government sales is the multiple award schedule (MAS) program administered by the General Services Administration. We counsel clients on all aspects of MAS contracts and the unique requirements of schedule contracting. Our lawyers are particularly well versed in the complex pricing issues that underlie selling commercial items off of schedule contracts. We have comparable experience in counseling clients regarding single-agency and government-wide multiple award contracts.
Additional services for commercial companies also include representation of public and private sector clients in the burgeoning area of privatization of government assets and services. This requires a strong background in government procurement statutes and regulations, combined with creativity based on experience to craft transactions to suit government limitations in the evolving context of privatization. Our experience has included leasing of airplanes and ships, provision of power and complete base operations.
- June 10, 2014
- The Department of Defense Proposes New Rules for Commercial Software and Technical Data AcquisitionsOctober 22, 2010
- July 3, 2007