The Corporate department at MLA offers sophisticated guidance to clients seeking advice on a wide variety of corporate and transactional matters, ranging from the financing and structuring of public and private deals, including related tax consideration and planning, to general corporate counseling and governance. Our corporate team works closely with attorneys in other practice areas as needed, utilizing synergies to provide tactical assistance in intricate matters. As a client, you can expect MLA to provide your business with exemplary service that includes:
- the highest level of substantive proficiency and skills;
- enthusiasm and commitment to our work for your business;
- creative approaches and solutions to challenges; and
- cost management through project budgeting, monitoring and efficient staffing.
Communication is the foundation for ensuring that these expectations are both met and exceeded. At MLA, we believe communication goes above regular conversations with you; rather, it involves numerous techniques, including:
- providing you with matter and budget updates on a regular basis, and in a format that works best for your company;
- continually measuring and evaluating quality improvement efforts, and the results achieved;
- creating a client extranet for you and your team; and
- keeping you up-to-date on issues impacting your business through client alerts, webinars, educational seminars and in-house training sessions.
Our goal in promoting the above and other efforts is to further an open, active dialogue with you and your team about your matters and your issues of interest. Through the strength of this communication – which often involves merely ensuring that we are listening to you – we seek to develop a long-term relationship with you, and this open dialogue provides the gateway for us to partner together consistently over time.
A key component of maintaining lasting relationships is consistent staffing. Small teams of MLA attorneys will be dedicated to your matters and will develop a thorough understanding of your industry, your business, your people and your strategic objectives. We believe that this promotes trust and confidence and results in a true partnership. This relationship-based perspective on legal representation means our attorneys are invested in you and your business. As your trusted advisor, you can count on us to work strategically with you with an in-depth understanding of your goals and the issues that keep you awake at night.
MLA’s Corporate department has been consistently ranked by The Legal 500 as a top-tier firm for Corporate/M&A work. The Legal 500 commented that MLA is “…an excellent choice for middle-market companies seeking practical advice in a wide variety of legal matters." The firm “out-thinks and out-performs its opponents consistently, remaining one step ahead at all times and producing remarkable results.” The practice is also ranked by Chambers USA as one of the best in Georgia.
With attorneys who have worked as in-house counsel, CEOs, managers and executives of both publicly owned and privately held businesses, we bring wisdom and experience from inside corporate America. This first-hand knowledge of issues companies face allows us to be tactical and sophisticated in the manner in which we handle matters for you. We are well-equipped to assist your company in navigating through the intense, and often difficult, circumstances you encounter in order to achieve your strategic objectives. By applying our core strengths in deal making, corporate counseling and governance – and by appreciating the importance of open and active communication as well as the importance of bringing creative, practical solutions to your business and your issues – we proactively work with you to efficiently address and structure your matter in the method that is most advantageous for your company.
- April 17, 2015
- March 26, 2015
- February 25, 2015
- Belgium: New Stricter Regulatory Requirements for UCITS Funds
- Argentina’s priority payment on its restructured sovereign debt: judicial protection accorded to holdout creditors
- A valuable alternative to the purchase price adjustment: the locked box method
- Aerospace, Defense and Government Services
- Banking Solutions
- Canada-U.S. Cross-Border
- Canada-U.S. International Practice
- China Practice
- Compliance and Corporate Governance
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Employer Services Group
- Financing and Lending
- Governance Center
- Health Care
- Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Client Services
- Private Equity, Hedge Funds and Venture Capital
- Public Finance