The Brussels office acts as regular counsel to several food producing and processing companies. In its 2011 edition, Legal 500 recommends MLA’s EU Food Practice and notes..."Ursula Schliessner ‘has a very wide knowledge of food legislation’ with ‘an ability to produce well researched and well thought out advice’."
A list of recent projects is set out below.
- Advice on implementation of EU Minced Meat Directive.
- Review of national implementation of European Food Hygiene Directive and possibility of “codes of conduct.”
- Review of existing national legislation on authorization and labeling of genetically modified food, including for restaurants.
- Review of national regulation on irradiation of foodstuffs.
- Assessment and lobbying on Danish legislation on trans fatty acids.
- Advice on nominal content requirements, and nominal ranges of quantities allowed for vegetable juice, fruit juice, etc.
- Advice on hormones in beef.
- Filing novel food authorizations, notifications, and several legal opinions on scope of EU Novel Food Regulation.
- Advice on regulatory regime for feedingstuffs.
- Advice on contractual obligations in relation to supplies during Belgian dioxin crisis.
- Setting up of voluntary nutritional labeling schemes.
- October 11, 2011