Environment, Energy & Product Regulation
McKenna Long & Aldridge (MLA) established its environmental practice group more than 50 years ago to counsel chemical companies, oil and gas producers, and defense contractors on the first environmental enforcement actions. MLA has always taken great pride in maintaining its position at the forefront of national environmental law and policy development.
Constantly adapting to meet our clients’ changing needs, the environmental practice at MLA is now further strengthened by the addition of Luce Forward who brings to the table broad experience in representing upstream and downstream energy industry participants in matters related to regulation of and transactions in the energy industry.
Together, the attorneys at MLA and Luce Forward have created a highly regarded, thought leading group that provides unmatched services to all types and sizes of U.S.-based and multinational corporations, trade associations, coalitions, and individuals. Our client-driven adaptive dynamic has never been more evident than it is today.
With our core group of experienced attorneys and scientific specialists providing a full range of services across the U.S. and Europe, we continue our dedication to environmental counseling and litigation practices in air and water quality, hazardous waste, water supply, contaminated property claims, enforcement, and chemical product regulation and we have vigorously expanded work on the most important environmental issues of our time — climate change, alternative energy development, and nanotechnology.
We have broad experience with a wide range of disciplines involving the environment, energy, and product regulation. Advising clients on all state, national and international environmental issues, MLA has offices strategically located in the laboratories of environmental regulation — in Washington, D.C., the home of federal government and headquarters for EPA and other federal agencies and departments; in California, which often sets environmental trends; in Brussels, the seat of the European Union, which has taken an important lead today in pioneering global environmental standards; and in Atlanta, where our attorneys bring additional expertise in coastal development.
MLA’s environmental practice is supported by a wholly-owned subsidiary, Technology Sciences Group Inc. (TSG), which includes Ph.D. scientists and regulatory specialists covering a wide spectrum of disciplines. This unique combination of legal and scientific resources enables us to serve the legal and business goals of our clients in the most efficient and effective way possible.
MLA specializes in working closely with your internal team to develop creative environmental and energy solutions that strengthen your competitiveness and lead you to new business opportunities in the areas of:
- Air Quality
- CERCLA, Remediation, and Brownfield Redevelopment
- Chemicals, Pesticides, and Product Regulation
- Climate, Energy and Sustainability
- Coastal Marshlands and Shore Protection
- EU Environment
- Hazardous Waste Management and Materials Transportation
- International Chemical Regulation including REACH
- National Environmental Policy Act
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Water Supply and Water Quality
- September 20, 2013
- September 10, 2013
- The California Safer Consumer Products Regulations Are (Finally) Finalized – Except for Those (Trade) Secret Parts That Aren’tSeptember 4, 2013
- Softbank, Bloom Boxes, and Green Patenting in Japan
- Will Patents Hamper Testing of the Environmental Impact of Fracking?
- Proposition 65: Will Proposed Changes Provide Any Relief?
- Elon Musk’s Hyperloop Would Hit CEQA Speed Bumps
- Council Smoothes Occasional Hiccup Between Indispensable Trade Partners
- Stefanie Warren appointed to water board