Federal Government Affairs
The Federal Government Affairs team at McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP (MLA) is an innovator in the development and execution of effective federal public policy strategies. Our Washington, DC-based team combines the insight of former elected and appointed officials, top political advisors, and subject-matter authorities to craft tailored government relations strategies for our clients.
Our extensive experience at the highest levels of government allows us to successfully represent our clients' interests on a diverse range of issues and changing circumstances. We guide clients as they navigate the complex web of existing laws and regulations, consult with federal agencies in the implementation and interpretation of new regulations, as well as advise elected officials on the drafting and passage of new legislation.
Our experience includes representing a diverse client base in key issue areas, which include:
- Foreign Policy
- Health care
- Homeland Security
- International trade
- Life Sciences
We recognize that the successful resolution of a client’s government affairs challenges often requires assistance from both sides of the political aisle. Our commitment to bipartisan representation ensures that our clients will be well-advised, no matter what political party is represented in any particular office. We build our strategies on solid policy platforms informed by political positions to establish a paradigm for success.
- May 24, 2013
- May 24, 2013
- April 9, 2013
- Little-Noted Provision On Agents And Brokers Could Mean Big Changes For Exchanges
- Health Insurance Exchanges:Opportunities, Pitfalls and a Fork in the Road
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
- More Medicaid holdouts ready to negotiate
- The Arkansas-Obamacare Medicaid Deal: Far Less Than It First Appeared
- Why the Obama Administration’s Novel Medicaid Idea Might Not Catch On