GC IP Rights and Technical Data
The Government Contracts and Intellectual Property and Technology practices at McKenna Long & Aldridge (MLA) regularly team to counsel on, and litigate issues of, ownership and licensing of intellectual property rights under federal government contracts and subcontracts. Our services include:
- Counseling clients on protecting their IP rights in commercial software, software developed or customized for a federal customer, and technical data delivered under government contracts.
- Counseling clients on protecting IP rights in potentially patentable and patented inventions invented or subsequently reduced to practice before, during, or after the performance of a government contract.
- Negotiating licenses with federal agencies for patented technology and software, including modifications and customizations to existing technology and software.
- Assisting clients to demonstrate that their technology, software or other products satisfy the government's requirements.
- Litigating against government challenges of IP rights asserted by contractors.
- Representing prime contractors and subcontractors in disputes and litigation over IP rights arising out of government subcontracts.