National Government Affairs
Public policy issues frequently extend across local and state borders and quickly become national in scope. When an issue of concern arises in multiple jurisdictions, or legislative trends emerge, McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP (MLA) develops and manages nation-wide government affairs efforts. With MLA’s oversight, our clients are able to ensure the delivery of a coordinated message consistent across the U.S., yet tailored to targeted geographic locations.
Some of the services provided by our National Government Affairs team include:
- Management of government affairs professionals across the U.S.
- Nation-wide legislative tracking
- Political intelligence
- Direct advocacy in key markets
- Visibility and relationship building in new markets
- Exploration of federal opportunities
Our National Government Affairs team includes former elected and appointed officials and their advisors, from across the U.S., including former mayors, governors and members of Congress, who understand how to impact policy and public opinion locally, while mindful of the broader national objective. Our firm’s established presence nationally helps us to closely monitor issues of concern to clients, and maintain strong relationships with multiple state and local governments and legislatures. Our national government affairs practitioners are located in offices throughout the U.S., and our network extends to every jurisdiction where our clients have pressing needs.
- May 24, 2013
- May 24, 2013
- May 10, 2013This week we say goodbye to Manchester United’s beloved manager, Alex Ferguson, after 26 years with the club. Keep reading to revisit the career highlights of English soccer’s most successful manager. Capitol Hill was buzzing yesterday with the arrival of Prince Harry to the District. To the disappointment of Washington women, the schedule for the infamous party boy has been kept strictly to official royal duties. Atlanta will become one of 12 cities to host a rotating EU consulate and we learn over 30,000 UK jobs were created due to the London Olympics. Read on to learn how Georgia was added to the list of global production outposts for Pinewood, the studio operator for 21 of the 23 James Bond movies!
- Little-Noted Provision On Agents And Brokers Could Mean Big Changes For Exchanges
- CO-OP plans need capital, intellectual investment
- Consider how exchange rules might ﬁt with your strategy
- On the Move: People in New Roles Shaping the Debate in Washington
- On the Move
- Craig Johnson, Klein Ally, Has A New Gig