McKenna Long & Aldridge's sophisticated white collar defense and government contracts practices combine to provide effective representation on issues relating to procurement fraud or other potential wrongdoing under federal government contracts. Our depth of experience in government contracts and in handling white collar crime issues allows us to marshal the facts, analyze the issues, and develop an appropriate response to government investigations or prosecutions that is efficient and effective.
Our procurement fraud practitioners can assist clients at each stage of a proceeding by:
- Providing counsel on a clients obligations to make disclosures of problems discovered in the course of internal audit or from some other source
- Assisting clients in conducting internal investigations in advance of or in response to a government inquiry
- Advocating the client's interests to the government investigators and managing the complex and important communications between the investigators and client personnel
- Litigating the fraud allegations in either the context of a civil case or a criminal proceeding
Our Procurement Fraud practice includes practitioners with a wealth of experience in defending clients against suits under the civil False Claims Act, including qui tam actions brought by private individuals on behalf of the federal government under the Act. The cases we have defended under the False Claims Act have included some of the largest cases ever brought against contractors under the statute. Those cases have spanned the range of cases brought under the False Claims Act, including actions arising out of billion dollar aerospace and defense contracts; the integrated management contracts at Department of Energy sites; commercial computer contracts and many other settings. Our unique mix of civil fraud experience and government contracts knowledge positions us, and the clients we represent, to prevail with innovative and effective defenses.
- June 4, 2013
- May 25, 2011
- Fourth Circuit Issues Significant Opinion on “Government Knowledge Defense” in False Claims Act CaseApril 27, 2011
- Implied Certification Liability Under the False Claims Act
- Performance Problems and Fraud Disputes
- A Government Contract and Bankruptcy Law Conundrum: Interpretation of the Anti-Assignment Act and Related Matters