Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs
McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP (MLA) is a nationally recognized leader in the complex field of government affairs, as we provide our clients with a broad range of legal, governmental and political experience. MLA houses a highly acclaimed Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs practice with more than 60 attorneys and professionals, in seven offices in the U.S., and Brussels. Our bipartisan team is composed of professionals who have held public office and served as diplomats, as well as those who have previously served as staff and advisors to U.S. presidents, governors, Members of Congress, and mayors.
Based on our background, experience and insight, we are able to customize public sector strategies to resolve our clients’ issues with government, and to identify opportunities that will positively impact their business goals. Our clients range from multinational corporations, to non-profit organizations. Additionally, we represent governments with issues pending before the U.S. Congress and federal agencies, as well as local governments across the country seeking assistance at the state or federal levels of government. Ranked as one of the top ten lobbying firms in The National Journal's LegalTimes Influence 50 list, the MLA Government Affairs team is considered a leader in government advocacy.
We work with clients to design legislative, executive branch, and agency strategies that will have the greatest impact on policy makers. We have assisted our clients in some of the following ways:
- Federal - we advance policy initiatives from the halls of Congress to the White House, and federal agencies.
- National - we successfully manage nationwide public policy initiatives, relying on a network of first in class strategists across the country.
- State - with offices in key locations including Colorado, New York, Georgia and California, we are able to impact policy decisions in state executive offices and legislatures across the country.
- Local - we understand that “all politics is local” and can assist clients in identifying when and how to approach a county or municipality, with the same insight we bring to broader initiatives.
- International - from Canada to China, our seasoned professionals work across borders in advance of our clients' interests.
In addition to our experience in the above arenas, we offer additional support to our clients through our strategic communications and crisis management services. Our professionals work with clients to develop messages that resonate with decision makers, and augment government affairs efforts.
Our practice includes an established Political Law team that ensures all of our political and advocacy activities comply with state and federal regulations, and reporting requirements. In addition, our attorneys counsel clients and provide training to ensure their activities are compliant with all federal and state ethics laws.
- May 13, 2013The Georgia Composite Medical Board (the "Board") recently promulgated proposed regulations designed to clarify the circumstances in which telemedicine may be practiced in Georgia. Comments on the proposed regulations may be submitted by May 30, 2013 and the Board will hold a public hearing on the regulations June 6, 2013.
- May 10, 2013This week we say goodbye to Manchester United’s beloved manager, Alex Ferguson, after 26 years with the club. Keep reading to revisit the career highlights of English soccer’s most successful manager. Capitol Hill was buzzing yesterday with the arrival of Prince Harry to the District. To the disappointment of Washington women, the schedule for the infamous party boy has been kept strictly to official royal duties. Atlanta will become one of 12 cities to host a rotating EU consulate and we learn over 30,000 UK jobs were created due to the London Olympics. Read on to learn how Georgia was added to the list of global production outposts for Pinewood, the studio operator for 21 of the 23 James Bond movies!
- April 12, 2013This week, we bid farewell to one of the most notable world leaders of the 20th century, Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. Read on to revisit some of the “Iron Lady’s” greatest accomplishments. With the Masters Tournament underway in Augusta, Georgia, we take a look back at some of the greatest shots in Masters history. Also in Masters news, Britain hopes to end the country's 17-year drought at the tournament this weekend. We learn Delta Airlines is looking to Virgin Atlantic for a proposed joint venture on flights between North America and the United Kingdom. Read on to discover how waste from thousands of London restaurants may fuel the world’s largest fat-fuelled power station!
- Once-poor BRICS countries are preparing a better future without us
- OPINION: Our greatest attribute: Helping others in need
- Zell Miller: Georgia Dome has proven its worth, but now it’s time for ... A New Dome