Technology will constantly change as well as challenge your business. The attorneys and advisors at McKenna Long & Aldridge (MLA) have the in-depth knowledge and experience to help you deal with these changes and challenges. We represent clients who are the creators of technology (software, hardware, information technology, electronics, Internet, e-commerce and telecommunications clients) as well as clients who use technology to support another type of business (health care, medical devices, life sciences, aerospace, defense, automotive, construction and retail). We have handled technology litigation for numerous Fortune 500 and multinational corporations, organizations and associations, and our experience includes handling the full range of technology and technology-related litigation for those clients, such as:
- Trademark, false advertising, false affiliation, false sponsorship, passing off/reverse passing off, trade dress, dilution and unfair competition
- Domain name disputes
- Privacy and data Security disputes
- Litigation concerning the development, installation and performance of computer hardware and software applications as well as licensing
- Computer theft and computer trespass
- Trade secret misappropriation, confidentiality agreements, covenants not to compete
- Corporate raiding, employee defections, and corporate espionage
- Investigation and pursuit of claims arising from anonymous publications of confidential information on public message boards
- Investigation, pursuit and defense of defamation claims based upon anonymous postings on public message boards
MLA offers extensive experience in all phases of this type of litigation, including: investigations and forensic analysis, damage/ loss assessment, injunctions, expedited discovery, protective orders, motions practice as well as the successful trial to verdict.
As a few examples, MLA attorneys serve as national legal counsel handling patent, trademark, copyright and/or other technology litigation for a national online auction service, an international flat screen computer monitor and television manufacturer, an international home building supply company, various national non-profit associations, a national lighting design firm, a national home décor retailer, a national wine and food certifier, and various international, national and regional technology providers.
One of the distinct advantages that MLA offers its technology clients is support by attorneys with a wide variety of backgrounds. Calling on team members from every practice group within the firm enables us to offer litigation services together with strategic advice and counsel on intellectual property issues, government advocacy, international trade and customs matters, as well as public policy issues by advisors who monitor regulations affecting the technology industry. With offices in Atlanta, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, San Diego, New York and Brussels, MLA offers clients a global presence, and is ready to handle matters throughout the United States, Europe and Asia.