J. Alan Warfield
J. Alan Warfield is Of Counsel in the Los Angeles office of McKenna Long & Aldridge, where he concentrates his practice on business disputes, product liability and toxic torts, employment, and construction litigation. He has handled a variety of litigation matters, including all aspects of discovery, trial preparation and support, and post-trial motions. Mr. Warfield has also provided counsel in professional malpractice matters.
Additionally, Mr. Warfield is certified as a specialist in appellate law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. He is a member of the amicus committee for the Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, and the Appellate Courts Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
He has also been recognized as a Southern California Super Lawyer (2009, 2012, 2013, and 2014) and Public Counsel’s “Advocate of the Year” (2002).
Mr. Warfield received his J.D. from the University of San Diego and his B.S. in Mathematics from the Metropolitan State University of Denver.
Reported Appellate Decisions
- Costco Wholesale Corp. v. Superior Court (2009) 47 Cal.4th 72
- Saint Agnes Medical Center v. PacifiCare of California (2003) 31 Cal.4th 1187
- Glen Oaks Estates Homeowners Assn. v. Re/Max Premier Properties, Inc. (2012) 203 Cal.App.4th 913
- American Bd. of Cosmetic Surgery, Inc. v. Medical Bd. of California (2008) 152 Cal.App.4th 534
- Schwarzenegger v. Fred Martin Motor Co. (2004) 374 F.3d 797
- Valentine v. Membrila Ins. Services, Inc. (2004) 118 Cal.App.4th 462
- Park v. Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway Co. (2003) 108 Cal.App.4th 595
- Bolton v. Trope (1999) 75 Cal.App.4th 1021
- Smith, Smith & Kring v. Superior Court (Oliver) (1997) 60 Cal.App.4th 573
- Bormann v. Chevron USA, Inc. (1997) 56 Cal.App.4th 260
- J.D., University of San Diego, 1996
- B.S., Metropolitan State University of Denver, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- "The Consequences of Failure to Respond to Requests for Admission," (Practical Litigator May 2006) 17 No. 3 Prac. Litigator 23