Alejandro Luis Sarria
Alejandro L. Sarria is a senior associate in the Washington, DC office of McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP, where he specializes in litigating a wide-range of Government Contracts cases. Mr. Sarria has extensive experience handling contract disputes before the United States Court of Federal Claims, Armed Services Boards of Contract Appeals, FAA Office of Dispute Resolution for Acquisition, and United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He also regularly prosecutes and defends bid protests at the Government Accountability Office and has defended numerous tort suits brought against government contractors in United States Federal District Courts.
Mr. Sarria also counsels large and small businesses on compliance with complex federal procurement laws and regulations, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), False Claims Act (FCA), Truth-in-Negotiations Act (TINA), and Procurement Integrity Act (PIA). He has significant experience drafting and negotiating subcontract and teaming agreements on behalf of both prime contractors and subcontractors.
In addition to his government contracts practice, Alejandro is the General Counsel of the Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute (CHLI), a prominent bipartisan non-profit organization that promotes the advancement of Hispanic-American interests in the U.S. and global economy.
Mr. Sarria graduated from The George Washington University Law School, where served as the Senior Articles Editor for The Public Contract Law Journal and interned for the Honorable Judge Shelby Highsmith, United States District Court, Southern District of Florida.
- Kellogg Brown & Root Services, Inc., ASBCA Nos. 56358 et al., 2014 WL 2931488 (June 17, 2014)
- Medical Comfort Systems, Inc., B-409705 (April 28, 2014) (corrective action)
- Kellogg Brown & Root Services, Inc., 109 Fed. Cl. 288 (Fed. Cl. 2013)
- Brink v. XE Holding, LLC, 910 F.Supp.2d 242 (D.D.C. 2012)
- Kellogg Brown & Root Services, Inc., ASBCA No. 56358, 12-1 BCA ¶ 35001 (Apr. 2, 2012)
- Contract Dispute of Lockheed Martin Corporation, FAA ODRA, 09-TSA-042 (June 6, 2011)
- Camel Manufacturing Co., B-401351.4 et al. (Sept. 18, 2009) (corrective action)
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2008
- B.S., University of Florida, with high honors, 2005
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- "Breaking Down The Top 5 Candidates To Replace Hagel," Law360 (November 25, 2014)
- "Effective Use of Evidentiary Hearings to Resolve Jurisdictional Disputes at the ASBCA," Bloomberg BNA (with Elizabeth Ferrell) (October 21, 2014)
- "Desde la Perspectiva..." Hispanic Executive (October, 2014)
- "ASBCA Rejects Cost Claims That Are Not Allocable Or Supported By The Record," The Government Contractor (February 24, 2010)
- "Jurisdictional BarriersTo Contract Claims Involving Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentalities," Andrew’s Litigation Reporter - Government Contracts (September 4, 2009)
- “The Future of Public Procurement Law in Cuba: Why the UNCITRAL Model Law is Havana’s Best Option,” 37-1 Pub. Con. L.J. 89 (Fall 2007)