Gail D. Zirkelbach
Gail D. Zirkelbach, a leading government contracts attorney for more than 20 years, is a partner in the Government Contracts practice with a focus on internal investigations, defense of fraud actions and white-collar criminal defense for numerous aerospace and technology companies in all government contracts and compliance areas.
Ms. Zirkelbach’s work concentrates on the defense of qui tam actions under the False Claims Act, conducting internal investigations, in the United States and abroad, and assisting clients with the development and implementation of compliance programs. She litigates at both the federal and state levels and at the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA), U.S. Court of Federal Claims and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Her knowledge of both government contracts law and litigation strategy and technique enable her to conduct investigations and litigation effectively and efficiently. She has negotiated successful settlements involving complex legal issues with both governmental and private entities. Ms. Zirkelbach also assists clients with defective pricing cases and bid protests, and counsels clients on intellectual property, cost accounting, cyber security, export and compliance issues.
Ms. Zirkelbach was named as a “Top Women Lawyer 2010” by Law Week Colorado which recognized her for “represent[ing] her clients zealously in court.”
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1986
- B.A., Princeton University (Woodrow Wilson School of Public Affairs), cum laude, 1983
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- "Doing Business with the Federal Government: Five Common Areas of Litigation Risks," The 2013 McKenna Long & Aldridge California Litigation Guide, January 2013. (co-authored with Susan A. Mitchell)
- "Developing a Safeguard Strategy for Government Contractor Clients," Inside the Minds: Corporate Governance Safeguards Against White Collar Infractions, Thompson Reuters / Apastore (2009).
- "Anti-Fraud Regulatory Schemes Imposed on Stimulus Fund Contracts," Financial Fraud Law Report (July / August 2009).
Seminars and Presentations:
- "Inside the Bid Protest Process at the Court of Federal Claims, Acme Aircraft Company v. United States," United States Court of Federal Claims Western Conference of the Bench & Bar, October 18, 2011.
- "Effective Federal Contract Compliance and New Mandatory Disclosure Requirements Under the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)," Federal Contracts: Introduction to Procurement and Compliance, CLE in Colorado, Inc., June 29, 2009.
- "Various Avenues for Protecting Your Intellectual Property Rights," Reaching New Heights in the Development and Use of Intellectual Property in Government Contracts, American Bar Association, November 2, 2007.