Jeffrey K. Haidet
As Chairman of MLA, Jeff Haidet is responsible for the firm's strategy of developing and delivering effective and efficient client services. In this role, he drives the firm's efforts to define and provide tangible value to all firm clients to address shifting priorities in the legal industry. He shares his innovative thought leadership perspective through numerous avenues, including forums and publications on law firm evolution, collaborative culture, corporate social responsibility and servant leadership.
Mr. Haidet focuses his law practice on providing advice regarding domestic and international commercial transactions for a variety of corporate clients. He advises clients on transaction and financial structuring, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances and industry consolidations. He also acts as chief outside legal counsel for several of the firm's clients. In this role, he has advised clients regarding corporate compliance issues and has managed numerous internal investigations and special committee representations.
Radiant Systems, Inc. – Representation of the management team of Radiant Systems, Inc., a leading provider of multichannel point-of-sale and managed hosted service solutions to the hospitality and specialty retail markets, in connection with the company’s acquisition by NCR Corporation. NCR Corporation provides technologies and services that help businesses primarily in the financial services industry to connect, interact, and relate with their customers worldwide.
BCD Travel - Representation of BCD Travel in its merger with McCord Travel and TQ3. These mergers created an enterprise that is now one of the top global travel management companies.
TRX, Inc. - Representation of TRX, Inc. in connection with the formation of two multinational travel transaction processing joint ventures: one in the United Kingdom ("eTRX"), and one in Switzerland ("TRX Central Europe"). Additionally, representation of the company in its 2005 initial public offering of equity securities.
Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. - Representation of special committees of the Board of Directors of Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. in connection with the acquisitions of Amalgamated Beverages Great Britain Limited (UK) and Coca-Cola Beverages S.A., Coca-Cola Production S.A., and S.A. Beverage Sales Holding N.V. (France and Belgium).
AGL Resources Inc. - Representation of AGL Resources Inc. in connection with its public offering of debt and securities.
TIF Management, LLC - Representation of TIF, an Atlanta-based medical device development and equity fund, in connection with numerous transactions involving the acquisition and development of medical device technologies.
Geronimo Holdings - Representation of Geronimo Holdings and its affiliates in the acquisition, financing and management of numerous hospitality properties.
Internal Investigation - Representation of a Fortune 500 company in connection with an internal investigation of its compliance with certain regulatory disclosures and related party transaction policies.
- J.D., University of Toledo College of Law, magna cum laude, 1985
- B.A., Miami University, 1982
- "The Requirement to Care – Leading the Way for Pro Bono Commitment," Points of Light Blog, May 24, 2012.
- "What to Expect From a Typical Law Firm M&A," Inside the Minds Series: Current Issues & Trends in Law Firm Mergers & Acquisitions, Aspatore Books.
- "Getting Extra Credit for Taking a Risk," Corporate Advisory.
- "No Further Hedge Fund Regulation - For Now," Corporate Advisory.
- "Business Needs to Create Environment for Ethical Behavior," Gwinnett Forum.
Seminars and Presentations:
- “Roundtable on the Future of Lawyer Hiring, Development & Advancement,” NALP.
- “Leadership and Innovation: Strategies To Jumpstart Your Growth Engine,” The University of Georgia Terry College of Business.
- "Diocesan Organizational Structures: Canon vs. Civil Law," Diocesan Administrators Conference.
- "Ethical Leadership," Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce.
- "Foreign Agency and Distributorship Agreements," Legal Aspects of Exporting Seminar.
- "Perspectives from Corporate Law and Finance," The Future of the Global Law Firm, Georgetown University Law Center.
- "Implementing Alternative Fee Strategies," Association of Corporate Counsel, Europe.
- "Mergers Dos and Don'ts," Law Firm Expansion Summit, West Legalworks.
- "Importance of Aligning Civic Engagement and Business Goals," Billion Plus Change White House Event.
- "Management Challenges," ALAS Managing Partners Forum.
- "Lateral Partner Integration Strategies," Law Firm Leaders Forum.