Scott W. Sonne
Scott Sonne represents insurance and corporate plaintiffs and defendants in business, insurance, real estate and construction litigation. Mr. Sonne is experienced in jury and non-jury trials, appeals, arbitrations, mediations, and administrative hearings.
- Managing Partner, Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps, LLP, 1994-1998
- Chairman of Insurance Practice Group, Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps, LLP, 1989-1993
- General Counsel, Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps, LLP, 2000-2012
In addition to defending corporations and individuals in federal and state courts, he has recovered millions of dollars in judgments and settlements on behalf of corporate and individual plaintiffs.
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Rating
- The Best Lawyers in America® - First Year Listed: 2007 - Most Recent Listing: 2015 (Insurance Law)
- Super Lawyers: Corporate Counsel - Most Recent Listing: 2010 (Insurance Coverage)
- Super Lawyers: Business Edition - 2012 (Insurance Coverage
- Southern California Super Lawyers - Most Recent Listing: 2014 (Insurance Coverage)
- San Diego County Top Attorneys - The Daily Transcript - 2012 (Insurance)
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley - Boalt Hall, Associate Editor - California Law Review, 1975
- MBA, University of California, Berkeley, 1975
- A.B., Economics, Stanford University, with distinction, 1971
- "Recent Developments in Insurance Law," San Diego Trial Lawyers Magazine.
- "The Real Estate Agent as Independent Contractor," University of California, Berkeley Business School Journal.
- "Review of Recent California Supreme Court Opinions," University of California Law Review.
Seminars and Presentations:
- "Would You Like Cumis With That? Everything You've Wanted to Know About the Cumis Doctrine, But Have Been Afraid to Ask," San Diego County Bar Association.
- "Essentials of Insurance Coverage," California Continuing Education of the Bar.
- "Summary Judgment and the Duty to Defend," San Diego County Bar Association.
- "2012 Insurance Law: The Year In Review," San Diego County Bar Association.