Stacey L. Stewart
Stacey L. Stewart focuses her practice on the design, implementation and administration of 401(k) plans, ESOPs, profit sharing plans, nonqualified deferred compensation plans and equity based compensation plans, such as stock option plans and restricted stock plans. She also advises clients with respect to IRS and DOL reporting and audit matters and compliance with the legal restrictions on deferred compensation including severance programs, bonus plans, employment agreements and change in control agreements. Ms. Stewart serves clients in both the public and private sector.
- LL.M. in Taxation, New York University School of Law
- J.D., Tulane Law School
- B.A., Vanderbilt University
Seminars and Presentations:
- "Domestic Medical Tourism Gaining Traction," ABA Health eSource, July 2011 Volume 7 No. 11
- "Benefit Bootcamp- Overview of Health Plans,” April 2011.
- “Section 409A Compliance: Common Problems and Solutions,” June 2010.
- "Discharge Employee Benefits Requirements for Terminations and Layoffs,” May 2010.
- "How to Comply with New COBRA, GINA, HIPAA, Mental Health & Michelle’s Law,” January 2010.
- "Group Health Plans: Are You Ready for 2010 Deadlines," MLA Webinar, December 9, 2009.
- "Department of Labor Correction Programs," Worldwide Employee Benefits Network, September 17, 2009.
- "Section 409A: What Do You Still Need to Worry About Now the Deadline Has Past?," April 2009.
- "Temps, Leased Employee & Contractors: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You," September 2007.
- "409A: Redefining the Approach to Compensation," June 2007.
- "Expanding Your Business Horizons: Is an ESOP Right for my Company?," October 2004.
- "Employment Law for the Growing Business," September 2004.