Tyson J. Bareis
Tyson J. Bareis focuses his practice on all aspects of government contracts litigation and corporate counseling. Mr. Bareis has substantial experience developing and reviewing corporate compliance systems, including experience under the Department of Defense’s Business Systems Rules. Other areas of special focus include contract formation and negotiation, cost and pricing issues, export control regulations, intellectual property issues, and the Freedom of Information Act. Mr. Bareis also has assisted government contractors in a variety of commercial transactions.
As part of his practice, Mr. Bareis supports clients’ interactions with Federal and state government. This support includes counseling on administrative matters, informal advocacy to and communications with government officials, formal requests for relief, such as equitable adjustments, and support throughout the disputes process, including at the Court of Federal Claims and the Boards of Contract Appeals.
As a graduate, with honors, of The George Washington University Law School, Mr. Bareis was a Presidential Merit Scholar. While in law school, he interned with the Federal Aviation Association, Office of Dispute Resolution for Acquisitions; The Honorable Christine Miller, United States Court of Federal Claims; and The Honorable Peter J. Messitte, Unites States District Court in Greenbelt, Maryland.
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, with honors, 2008
- B.S., Fordham University, College of Business Administration, summa cum laude, 2005
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- "CDA Statute of Limitations and Cost-Related Claims: Five Key Impacts of Recent Developments," co-authored by Thomas Lemmer and Tyson Bareis, Bloomberg BNA Federal Contracts Report (January 5, 2013).
- "FEATURE COMMENT: A Brave New World Redux—Recent Developments On DCAA Access To Contractor Internal," co-authored by Thomas Lemmer and Tyson Bareis, The Government Contractor (October 10, 2012).
- "DCAA’s Business Systems Audit Guidance: Clarity. . . and Reason for Concern," co-authored by Phil Seckman and Tyson Bareis, Bloomberg BNA Federal Contracts Report (July 31, 2012).
- "CAS Harmonization: This Game May Be Going Into Extra Innings," co-authored by Thomas Lemmer and Tyson Bareis, Bloomberg BNA Federal Contracts Report (March 27, 2012).
- "FEATURE COMMENT: A Brave New World - Managing DCAA Requests for Internal Audits," co-authored by Thomas Lemmer and Tyson Bareis, The Government Contractor (February 8, 2012).
- "The End Of CAS-ERISA Harmonization?," co-authored by Thomas Lemmer and Tyson Bareis, Law360 (January 9, 2012).
- "The Freedom of Information Act," co-author Mark Meagher, West Briefing Paper, November 2010.
- "Feature Comment: DOD Proposes New Rules For Commercial Software And Technical Data Acquisitions," co-authors Steve Masiello and William Anderson, The Government Contractor, (Vol. 52 Number 43, November 17, 2010)
- "Successful Recovery of Defense and Settlement Costs Following The Federal Circuit’s Tecom Decision," co-authors Thomas A. Lemmer and Taylor M. Menlove, Andrews Litigation Reporter (Vol. 23, Issue 14, November 16, 2009).
- "The New Rules: What the Federal Circuit's Tecom II Decision Means for Contractor Litigation Strategy and Recovery of Legal Costs," co-authors Thomas A. Lemmer and Taylor M. Menlove, The Procurement Lawyer (Vol. 45, No. 1, Fall 2009).